Udupi, Karnataka, India
Jewellery Products - Export / Import,
Pvt. Ltd. Firm Since 0
In 1930, Late Burde Sadananda Kamath, our founder was a general merchant he used to travel across Malnad for business purposes. During his travels he heard a lot about the Jewellery of Udupi. Wherever he went there was a sensational attraction for Udupi made jewellery. Realizing the potential, Kamath started dealing with Udupi made jewellery. He purchased jewellery from the local craftsmen and sold them to customers in other places. And because he maintained the standard of the gold, he prospered.
In 1935, Kamath’s “Neo Jewellery Mart” came into existence. This was the first Jewellery shop of Udupi. 22 Carat gold with innovative designs decorated the showroom & business was in full swing.
1962, The Gold Control Act restricted jewelers from selling 22 Carat Gold and they were forced to sell Only 14 Carat Gold. This was against Kamath’s principle of giving the customer the best, and so utterly dejected he shut shop. There was a full stop.
The years went by. The government withdrew it’s restrictions. Son Madhukar Kamath, who had an inborn talent for jewellery design, decided to revive his father’s dream. He stepped into the business again, and in the year 1979, started a new gold showroom “ABHARAN JEWELLERS” .
Today Abharan is a giant in the jewellery business. It is the leading jewellery showroom in Udupi and it can be rightly said that after the temples of Udupi, it is one of the prime attraction to many.
1990, spreading our wings further, our fourth showroom was opened in Shimoga.
2001, the latest addition to the "Abharan" family is the "Abharan Motors" showroom, an authorised Maruti Car Dealer.
Exporters of jewellery in gold and silver include Bangle, Necklace, Chain, Ear Rings, Pendent, Studs Jumka, Finger Ring.
Corporation Bank Road,
Udupi - 576101 (Karnataka) India